A Quick Dessert For A Sweet Day - Malai Phirni
No matter how much u eat, there is always space for dessert. Malai Phirni is a delicious dessert you can make quickly when you crave for something sweet or you have unexpected guests.
- Basmati Rice (Soaked for atleast 30 min) : 1/2 cup
- Sugar : Sweetness according to your taste
- Condensed milk : 1/4 cup
- Milk : 500 ml
- Kesar : a few strands (Soaked in warm milk)
- Vanilla Essence : 1/2 tsp
- Cardamon :2- 3 pods
- Almonds– For garnishing
- Grind the rice into a thick paste with little water
- Heat milk in a thick bottom nonstick pan.Keep stirring on a low flame. Add sugar according to your taste. Keep mixing the sugar with milk.
- Next add the rice mixture and keep stirring till its starts thickening, Pour the condensed milk at this stage along with kesar, vanilla essence and cardamoms.
- Simmer for 2-3 min. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped dry badam and kesar.Let it set in the refrigerator for atleast 2-3 hours before serving.
- Note 1.Try to avoid lumps while mixing the rice mixture with milk.
- Note 2. Use warm milk for soaking the kesar
Your Malai Phirni is ready...#ChintusKitchen #CravingRecipes